Jump to navigation Jump to search
- equality, parity, † coextension, symmetry, balance, poise; evenness, monotony, level.
- equivalence; † equipollence, equipoise, equilibrium, † equiponderance; par, quits, a wash; not a pin to choose; distinction without a difference, six of one and half a dozen of the other; tweedle dee and tweedle dum; identity; similarity.
- equalization, equation; equilibration, coordination, adjustment, readjustment.
- drawn game, drawn battle; neck and neck race; tie, draw, standoff, dead heat.
- match, peer, compeer, equal, mate, fellow, brother; equivalent.
- be equal &c adj.; equal, match, reach, keep pace with, run abreast; come to, amount to, come up to; be on a level with, lie on a level with; balance; cope with; come to the same thing.
- render equal &c adj.; equalize, level, dress, balance, equate, handicap, give points, spot points, handicap, trim, adjust, poise; fit, accommodate; adapt; strike a balance; establish equality, restore equality, restore equilibrium; readjust; stretch on the bed of Procrustes.
- equal, even, level, monotonous, coequal, symmetrical, coordinate; on a par with, on a level with, on a footing with; up to the mark; † equiparant.
- equivalent, tantamount; indistinguishable; quits; homologous; synonymous; resolvable into, convertible, much at one, as broad as long, neither more nor less; much the same as, the same thing as, as good as; all one, all the same; equipollent, † equiponderant, † equiponderous, † equibalanced; equalized &c v.; drawn; half and half; isochronal, isochronous, † isoperimetric, † isoperimetrical; oceanog. isobath, isobathic.
- equally &c adj.; pari passu, ad eundum, ceteris paribus; in equilibrio; to all intents and purposes.
- it comes to the same thing, it amounts to the same thing; what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.