Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Haec pagina stipula thesauraria est.|
Quaeso amplifica eam annotando et addendo.
- agreement; accord, accordance; unison, harmony; concord; concordance, concert; understanding, mutual understanding.
- conformity; conformance; uniformity; consonance, † consentaneousness, consistency; congruity, congruence; keeping; congeniality; correspondence, parallelism, apposition, union.
- fitness, aptness &c adj.; relevancy; pertinence, † pertinency; † sortance; case in point; aptitude, † coaptation, propriety, applicability, admissibility, commensurability, compatibility; cognation.
- † adaption, adjustment, graduation, accommodation; reconciliation, reconcilement; assimilation.
- consent; concurrence; cooperation.
- right man in the right place, very thing; quite the thing, just the thing.
- be accordant &c adj.; agree, accord, harmonize; correspond, tally, respond; meet, suit, fit, befit, do, adapt itself to; fall in with, chime in with, square with, quadrate with, consort with, comport with; dovetail, assimilate; fit like a glove, fit to a tittle, fit to a T; match; become one; † homologate.
- render accordant &c adj.; fit, suit, adapt, accommodate; graduate; adjust; dress, regulate, readjust; accord, harmonize, reconcile; † fadge, dovetail, square.
- agreeing, suiting &c v.; in accord, accordant, concordant, consonant, congruous, † consentaneous, correspondent, congenial; coherent; becoming; harmonious, reconcilable, conformable; in accordance with, in harmony with, in keeping with, in unison with, &c n.; at one with, of one mind, of a piece; consistent, compatible, proportionate; commensurate; on all fours.
- apt, apposite, pertinent, pat; to the point, to the purpose; happy, felicitous, germane, ad rem, in point, on point, directly on point, bearing upon, applicable, relevant, admissible.
- fit, adapted, in loco, à propos, appropriate, seasonable, sortable, suitable, † idoneous, deft; meet.
- at home, in one's proper element.
- rem acu tetigisti; if the shoe fits, wear it; the cap fits; auxilia humilia firma consensus facit (Syrus); discors concordia (Ovid).