Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Haec pagina stipula thesauraria est.|
Quaeso amplifica eam annotando et addendo.
- similarity, resemblance, likeness, similitude, semblance; affinity, approximation, parallelism; agreement; analogy, † analogicalness; correspondence, † homoiousia, parity.
- † connaturalness, † connaturality; brotherhood, family likeness.
- alliteration, rhyme, pun.
- repetition; sameness; uniformity; † isogamy.
- analogue; the like; match, pendant, fellow companion, pair, mate, twin, double, counterpart, brother, sister; one's second self, alter ego, † chip of the old block, chip off the old block, par nobile fratrum, † Arcades ambo, birds of a feather, et hoc genus omne; gens de même famille.
- parallel; simile; type; image; photograph; close resemblance, striking resemblance, speaking resemblance, faithful likeness, faithful resemblance.
- be similar &c adj.; look like, resemble, bear resemblance; smack of, savor of, approximate; parallel, match, rhyme with; take after; imitate; favor, Americanis span.
- render similar &c adj.; assimilate, approximate, bring near; † connaturalize, make alike; rhyme, pun.
- similar; resembling &c v.; like, alike; twin.
- analogous, analogical; parallel, of a piece; such as, so; † homoiousian.
- † connatural, congener, allied to; akin to.
- approximate, much the same, near, close, something like, sort of, in the ballpark, such like; a show of; mock, pseudo, simulating, representing.
- exact; lifelike, faithful; true to nature, true to life, the very image, the very picture of; for all the world like, comme deux gouttes d'eau; as like as two peas in a pod, as like as it can stare; instar omnium, cast in the same mold, ridiculously like.