Jump to navigation Jump to search
- state, condition, category, estate, lot, ease, trim, mood, pickle, plight, temper; aspect, dilemma, pass, predicament.
- constitution, habitude, † diathesis; frame, fabric; stamp, set, fit, mold, mould.
- mode, modality, † schesis; form.
- tone, tenor, turn; trim, guise, fashion, light, complexion, style, character.
- be in a state, possess a state, enjoy a state, labor under a state &c n.; be on a footing, do, fare; come to pass.
- conditionally &c adj.; as the matter stands, as things are; such being the case.