Jump to navigation Jump to search
- † unsubstantiality, insubstantiality; nothingness, † nihility; no degree, no part, no quantity, no thing.
- nothing, naught, nil, nullity, zero, cipher, no one, nobody; never a one, ne'er a one (contr.); no such thing, none in the world; nothing whatever, nothing at all, nothing on earth; not a particle; all talk, moonshine, stuff and nonsense; matter of no importance, matter of no consequence.
- thing of naught, man of straw, John Doe and Richard Roe, nominis umbra, nonentity; flash in the pan, vox et praeterea nihil.
- shadow; phantom; dream; ignis fatuus; such stuff as dreams are made of (Tempest, Shak.); air, thin air, vapor; bubble; baseless fabric of a vision (Tempest, Shak.); mockery.
- hollowness, blank; void.
- inanity, fool’s paradise.
- unsubstantial; baseless, groundless; ungrounded; without foundation, having no foundation.
- visionary; immaterial; spectral; dreamy; shadowy; ethereal, airy; cloud built, cloud formed; gossamery, illusory, insubstantial, unreal.
- vacant, vacuous; empty; eviscerated; blank, hollow; nominal; null; inane.