Jump to navigation Jump to search
- inferiority, minority, subordinacy; shortcoming, deficiency; minimum; smallness; imperfection; lower quality, lower worth.
- (homines inferiores) commonalty .
- be inferior &c adj.; fall short of, come short of; not pass, not come up to; want.
- become smaller, render smaller; hide its diminished head, retire into the shade, yield the palm, play second fiddle, be upstaged, take a back seat.
- inferior, smaller; small; minor, less, lesser, deficient, minus, lower, subordinate, secondary; secondrate; sub, subaltern; thrown into the shade; weighed in the balance and found wanting; not fit to hold a candle to, can't hold a candle to.
- least, smallest; lowest.
- diminished; reduced; unimportant.
- less; under the mark, below the mark, below par; at the bottom of the scale, at a low ebb, at a disadvantage; short of, under.