Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Haec pagina stipula thesauraria est.|
Quaeso amplifica eam annotando et addendo.
- imitation; copying &c v.; transcription; repetition, duplication, reduplication; quotation; reproduction; mimeograph, xerox™, facsimile; reprint, offprint.
- mockery, mimicry; simulation, impersonation, personation; representation; semblance; copy ; assimilation.
- paraphrase, parody, take-off, lampoon, caricature.
- plagiarism; forgery, counterfeit; celluloid.
- imitator, echo, † cuckoo, parrot, ape, monkey, mockingbird, mime; copyist, copycat; plagiarist, pirate.
- imitate, copy, mirror, reflect, reproduce, repeat; do like, echo, reecho, catch; transcribe; match, parallel.
- mock, take off, mimic, ape, simulate, impersonate, personate; act; represent; counterfeit, parody, travesty, caricature, lampoon, burlesque.
- follow in the steps of, tread in the steps, follow in the footsteps of, follow in the wake of; take pattern by; follow suit, follow the example of; walk in the shoes of, take a leaf out of another's book, strike in with, follow suit; take after, model after; emulate.
- imitated &c v.; mock, mimic; modelled after, molded on.
- paraphrastic; literal; imitative; secondhand; imitable; aping, apish, mimicking.
- literally, to the letter, verbatim, literatim, sic, totidem verbis, word for word, mot a mot; exactly, precisely.
- like master like man; like - but oh! how different! (Wordsworth); genius borrows nobly (Emerson); pursuing echoes calling 'mong the rocks (A. Coles); quotation confesses inferiority (Emerson); Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.