Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Haec pagina stipula thesauraria est.|
Quaeso amplifica eam annotando et addendo.
- circumstance, situation, phase, position, posture, attitude, place, point; terms; regime; footing, standing, status.
- occasion, juncture, conjunctive; contingency.
- predicament; emergence, emergency; exigency, crisis, pinch, pass, push; occurrence; turning point.
- bearings, how the land lies.
- surroundings, context, environment; location.
- contingency, dependence; causation, attribution.
- circumstantial; given, conditional, provisional; critical; modal; contingent, incidental; adventitious; † limitative.
- in the circumstances, under the circumstances &c n., the circumstances, conditions; thus, in such wise.
- accordingly; that being the case, such being the case, in view of the circumstances; that being so, † sith, since, seeing that.
- as matters stand; as things go, as times go.
- conditionally, provided, if, in case; if so, if so be, if it be so; depending on circumstances, in certain circumstances, under certain conditions; if it so happen, if it so turn out; in the event of; in such a contingency, in such a case, in such an event; provisionally, unless, without.
- according to circumstances, according to the occasion; as it may happen, as it may turn out, as it may be; as the case may be, as the wind blows; pro re nata.