Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Haec pagina stipula thesauraria est.|
Quaeso amplifica eam annotando et addendo.
- Status contrarietatis: contrariety, contrast, foil, antithesis, oppositeness; contradiction; antagonism; clashing, repugnance.
- Res contrariae: inversion; the opposite, the reverse, the inverse, the converse, the antipodes, the antithesis, the other extreme.
- be contrary &c adj.; contrast with, oppose; differ toto coelo.
- invert, reverse, turn the tables; turn topsy-turvy, turn end for end, turn upside down, turn inside out.
- contradict, contravene; antagonize.
- contrary, † contrarious, † contrariant; opposite, counter, dead against; converse, reverse; opposed, antithetical, contrasted, antipodean, antagonistic, opposing; conflicting, inconsistent, contradictory, at cross purposes; negative; hostile.
- differing toto coelo; diametrically opposite; diametrically opposed; as opposite as black and white, as opposite as light and darkness, as opposite as fire and water, as opposite as the poles; as different as night and day; Hyperion to a satyr (Shak.); quite the contrary, quite the reverse; no such thing, just the other way, tout au contraire.
- contrarily &c adj.; contra, contrariwise, per contra, on the contrary, nay rather; vice versa; on the other hand.